Mount Auburn Cemetery, Stickney
About Mount Auburn Cemetery, Stickney
Mount Auburn Cemetery was founded in 1895 and consisted of over 100 acres. This memorial park was designed and laid out under the supervision of Mr. O. C. Simonds, renowned landscape architect. It was the first cemetery in the Chicago area to be developed with park-style sections using only flush markers, which resulted in beautiful garden-like sections. This was revolutionary at the time, and as time passed this concept was embraced throughout the nation.
The entrance gate and office building served the Village of Stickney as their village hall meeting place until 1919, after which the village transferred to other facilities. Mount Auburn Funeral Home was completed in 1997 and has been proudly serving families since. Situated amongst the neighboring homes of the villages of Stickney and Forest View gives Mount Auburn a park-like atmosphere you don’t find at other facilities in the Chicago area. The result has been Mount Auburn becoming one of the premier non-sectarian cemeteries in the entire Chicagoland area.
In 2007, Mount Auburn Funeral Home & Cemetery both became part of the Dignity Memorial® network—the leading provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America with over 2,200 locations. Being a part of this expansive network allows us to offer a wide variety of benefits that, we believe, are extremely valuable. With over 80 acres, Mount Auburn Funeral Home & Cemetery offers a wide variety of options that can suit any need.