Christ Lutheran Cemetery, Orland Park
About Christ Lutheran Cemetery, Orland Park
Christ Lutheran Cemetery, located at 147th & 82nd Avenue in Orland Park, IL., has been in existence since May 1, 1906. A section immediately south of the original property was purchased in 1986, making it possible to have two driveways off 82nd Avenue for a separate entrance and exit. In 1991 an exchange of land to the west was made between the cemetery and the owners of Silver Lake Country Club.
In the early 1900’s, a cast iron gateway bearing the cemetery name graced the entrance. The present sign, which can be read from either direction, was installed in 1995.
There are a total of 2,058 spaces in the entire cemetery. The cost of each gravesite is $600 and the opening charge is $1,100. Lots are for sale to all Lutherans and their families.