Gast Monuments Near Skokie
Gast Monuments, Inc.
1900 W. Peterson Ave. Chicago, IL 60660
Cemetery Monuments near Skokie, IL
Des Plaines & Chicago Locations
Saturday – By Appointment
Sunday – Closed
- All memorial design meetings are by appoinment only.
With Six Generations of Chicago Memorialists – Gast Monuments has its roots firmly planted in the City of Chicago. Founded in 1880, the original stone company then known as Buscher & Gast, was located on North Clark Street. The company provided cemetery headstone monuments as well as cut-stone for the commercial building boom resulting from the Great Chicago Fire. Many of the familiar walk-up Victorian “Brownstones” in the Lakeview and Ravenswood neighborhoods feature the use of limestone and granite furnished by Buscher & Gast. The company also supplied ornamental cut-stone, shrine work, and statuary in marble, limestone and granite seen in several Chicago area churches such as St. Henry’s Church in Chicago and St. Nicholas Church in Evanston.