Lake in the Hills, IL
Gast Monuments Near Lake in the Hills
Gast Monuments, Inc.
1900 W. Peterson Ave. Chicago, IL 60660
Cemetery Monuments near Lake in the Hills, IL
Des Plaines & Chicago Locations
Saturday – By Appointment
Sunday – Closed
- All memorial design meetings are by appoinment only.
With Six Generations of Chicago Memorialists – Gast Monuments has its roots firmly planted in the City of Chicago. Founded in 1880, the original stone company then known as Buscher & Gast, was located on North Clark Street. The company provided cemetery headstone monuments as well as cut-stone for the commercial building boom resulting from the Great Chicago Fire. Many of the familiar walk-up Victorian “Brownstones” in the Lakeview and Ravenswood neighborhoods feature the use of limestone and granite furnished by Buscher & Gast. The company also supplied ornamental cut-stone, shrine work, and statuary in marble, limestone and granite seen in several Chicago area churches such as St. Henry’s Church in Chicago and St. Nicholas Church in Evanston.